HOME    SHOWS    MEDIA    SHAMELESS PLUGS    FORUM    CHAT    CONTACT    REVIEWS/MISC.

Monday, November 28, 2011

REVIEW: Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)


Before I actually review anything, allow me to share with you quite possibly the coolest commercial for any game in history.


AC/DC makes anything badass

The game itself in the single player mode picks up right after where Modern Warfare 2 ended. World War III is upon us and it is your job to help take down the terrorist known as Markarov

Yeah, this guy

The first stage is right in the middle of downtown New York City. Immediately you are thrown into action all while looking at the fine detail of lower Manhattan. I can't begin to describe the detail Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer have given to this game. The graphics are fantastic.

The campaign mode isn't as great as Modern Warfare 2 was, but it has one "man-tear" moment I won't share with you. A longtime character meets his end, that is all I'm sharing. Other than that emotional moment, the only really big moment in the campaign is the final confrontation with Makarov. I honestly wasn't as impressed with the single player mode as I was in previous versions. I will however say I had a lot of fun and the ending was a satisfying conclusion to the story.

What everyone wants to talk about is the multiplayer mode. Playing this game online can be both exciting and fun, yet piss you off and make you contemplate quitting the game.


Allow me to explain. There is no easy way of saying this without looking like a noob so I'll just say it, I'm not really that good at online play. My level right now is 45, and even with advanced weapon upgrades, scopes and Bouncing Betty mines (AWESOME ways to kill someone), I still find myself getting killed quite often. Sometimes when I respawn, I pop up right in the middle of gunfire and am killed almost instantly. People also stalk the respawn points with sniper riffles and shoot you immediately when you respawn. It is very annoying and I wish I could respawn in an area where I can see the map for a second before I'm killed.

Also, my biggest complaint with this online play is it doesn't sort out noobs from experienced players. When I first started as a level 1 with only 3 choices in weapons, I was put in matches with level 70+ players with advanced weapons, scopes and grenades. One round I got maybe 3 kills and I died 28 times. Eventually, I am asked to leave the party because I am costing my team the win because I die all of the time. Now I may sound like a whining noob, but a lot of players have this same complaint. The way games are sorted out should be by your kill/death ratio. It isn't even sorted by the level of your character.

Other than those 2 complaints about online play, Modern Warfare 3 is fun as hell and I highly recommend it. However if you want a more fair online play, stick with Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2. Add me at BrainstuHammy on Xbox live and let's play. Chances are you will kill me a million times.

SUMMARY: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a visually stunning game with a campaign mode that has 2 climatic moments. It also has an online multiplayer mode that, if you're good at it, can be fun as hell. However if like me you have a few bad rounds, it will piss you off and make you want to quit. I recommend this game if you have friends to play with and you don't care about being killed if you're a noob. For advanced players, this is a great way to build experience. I also beg Infinity Ward to redesign the multiplayer menu so the bad players get sorted into matches with bad players and vise versa with good players. That way, online experience can be more fun for every level of player.

RATING: I give this game 7.5 smashed controllers from anger out of 10

Written by: Hammy
Twitter: @BrainstuHammy

No comments:

Post a Comment